3rd Line Technical Support Engineer
Purpose of the role:
To provide technical escalation support to the Senior Support Engineers. Triage calls in the Technical Engineer queue, liaising and providing technical support to supported users and closing tickets where you are able. Escalate to the Technical Architecture Team service requests that are outside of your skill set and seek support to assist with case closures where possible.
Carry out periodic tasks as agreed with line manager and outlined in personal objectives.
To provide ad hoc out of hours client support to conduct change controls activities and priority ticket support.
Responsibilities of the role:
Provide technical support to Senior Support Engineers in resolving escalated tickets.
Resolve escalated support requests where possible.
Triage and escalate tickets accurately.
Provide resource support to the Support Desk during busy periods, taking calls and responding to cases.
Increasing technical knowledge working jointly on tickets with Technical Architecture team.
Have no instances of escalated tickets returning due to of inadequate information.
Have not breached ticket SLA’s.
Report regular faults or support issues to line manager in a timely manner.
Pro-actively keeping customers engaged on the progress of their ticket preventing customer follow-up.
Keep tickets up to date to ensure all teams can clearly understand current status, actions completed and next steps.
Complete daily tasks in the time required.
Help to implement and improve processes and procedures within the team allowing strong service focused
Detect systemic issues and risks from trends/patterns within customers ticket activity to support proactive continual
Knowledge articles and process documentation are kept up-to date.
Adherence to company processes and procedures.
Actively contributing to team and companywide meetings.
Skills for the role:
Experience of at least 12-18 months working within a busy Managed Service Provider as a Third Tier support, showing extensive experience of systems, support, diagnostic, configuration and resolution
Extensive support and problem solving with the following technologies:
- Azure Stack support and configuration
- Active Directory & GPOs
- Exchange & Office 365
- Windows 10 & 11 build and configuration support
- Intune, Autopilot & Conditional Access Policies
- Hardware Support – Printers and Phones etc.
- Domain Management, updating records & Domain Transfers
- Proven Server build, OS Support and configuration.
- Patch Management for devices and servers
- Proven Network technologies support and configuration
- Proven Anti-Spam technologies support and configuration
- Proven Anti-Virus Technologies support and configuration.
- Solid understanding of Storage principles and Support
- Proven experience working with and supporting virtualization technologies
- Proven experience with backup technologies
Understanding of Change, Incident and Request ticket handling.
Experience of Customer Relation Management.
- The role is remote with occasional office visits
- National UK Travel and overnight stay may be required
- CRB Security Checks required
Additional UK national security checks may be required
Application Response Policy
To apply, please submit your CV by clicking on the relevant links. If successful you will be contacted by one of our consultants within 3 working days. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we expect to receive, if you do not hear from us within this time you should presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Recruitment & Diversity Statement
Grassroots Recruitment is acting as a recruitment agency and a recruitment business in respect of this vacancy. Grassroots Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and recruiter. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion or disability.
To apply for this job please visit www.grassroots-recruitment.online.