Business Support Officer – SPEND Hub
Business & Corporate Services
Scale 4 (£19,544-£21,166)
Full time 37 hours per week
Stockport Council’s Business Support Service is looking to appoint a Business Support Officer within our SPEND Hub.
In this role you will be required to work flexibly to meet service needs. Key activities include:
• Processing payments to internal and external providers and monitoring financial transactions.
• Raising orders through our in-house procurement system or using a purchasing card.
• Working on the finance reception desk, handling cash and dealing with enquiries from staff and members of the public.
• Collating and interpreting data and information, problem solving and making recommendations for improvement.
• Following procedures, guidance or frameworks, making some work-based decisions based on the guidance provided.
• Working with colleagues and customers to provide effective service, using good verbal and written communication skills, negotiation skills and handling of complex enquiries and complaints.
• Receiving documentation, data and information; handling and processing sensitive and confidential information; and keeping information safe.
• Telephone call handling and managing customer contact which will include signposting and directing enquiries.
This is a busy role that requires a high degree of attention to detail, accuracy and ability to work to deadlines.
You will have a commitment to providing a high standard of customer service, with strong organisational and interpersonal skills. You will be able to empathise and be sensitive to the needs of the people using our services. You will have previous experience of dealing with customers, be able to prioritise your own workload and work to tight deadlines. You will work as part of a team and will therefore have the ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues.
You should be proficient in working with standard office IT applications including MS Office and with training be able to navigate in-house case management systems to retrieve and record information.
Job Description and Person Specification
Stockport Council – Valuing Diversity
To apply for this job please visit www.grassroots-recruitment.online.