Job Title: Careers Advisor
Scale: Scale 6 – £24,799 – £26,317 per annum
Actual Salary: Scale 6 from £21,021 – £22,308
Hours: 37 per week term time plus 1 week
Location: Cheadle Hulme High School & Hazel Grove High School
Start Date: 1st September 2020
Closing Date: 9am on Monday 1st June 2020
The Laurus Trust is a growing multi-academy trust in the North West of England.
The vision of the Trust is for everyone regardless of background or circumstance to be inspired, to thrive in all environments, to recognise what it takes to succeed, to set aspirational goals and to work hard to achieve them. In the recent Staff Engagement Survey 97% of our employees stated that they would recommend working for Laurus Trust to their friends.
All our Laurus Schools are hugely oversubscribed and have a reputation, both locally and further afield, for outstanding teaching and learning through the relentless pursuit of excellence and the determination to ensure that every child succeeds. Our founder school Cheadle Hulme High School was judged Outstanding in every single category by Ofsted in 2011 and 2015.
Cheadle Hulme High School (CHHS) is the founder school of the Laurus Trust. In the 2019 Progress 8 Headline measure CHHS came in the top 3% of schools nationally with a figure of +0.75.
A training school for thirteen years and a Teaching School for a further six, CHHS is home to the Altius Alliance centre of excellence providing School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) for teachers of students aged 11-16, judged Outstanding in 2017.
If you want to work in a highly ambitious and successful school, and have the passion and commitment to join us at an exciting time for learning and development as we expand and open new schools in the Trust, then we would like to hear from you.
Salary: Scale 6 – £24,799 – £26,317 per annum, actual salary from £21,021 – £22,308 pro rata per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week, term time plus one week
• Support Careers Leaders, within the Laurus Trust, with the strategic planning and delivery of CEIAG across all Laurus Trust Schools
• Complete statutory, impartial, careers interviews with students within Key Stage 3, 4, 5 and write individual action plans providing appropriate help and advice (in the first instance this would involve working primarily with Key Stage 4 and 5 students at Cheadle Hulme High School and Hazel Grove High School)
• Provide timely ‘drop-in’ advice clinics at each of the five Laurus Trust secondary schools, supporting students with pathways, training routes, the job market, CV writing and application support
• Play an active role in the annual review process, for students holding an EHCP, across each of the five Laurus Trust secondary schools as well as providing timely, impartial, advice and guidance to all pupils in receipt of the Pupil Premium, LAC and SEND where necessary
• Support the Careers Leaders, within the Laurus Trust, with the delivery of assemblies, sign posting services and the provision of specific careers related resources
• Be available to provide support at Key Stage 4/5 Parent evening/Options Evenings (in the first year this would involve working primarily at Cheadle Hulme High School and Hazel Grove High School) for the purpose of offering advice and guidance to parents
• Liaising with schools, employers and professional services to support the facilitation of work placements, work place safaris and visiting careers speakers as part of the wider Careers programme
• Support the Careers Leaders in the meeting of the Gatsby Benchmarks.
• Support Careers Leaders, within the Laurus Trust, with careers events (often referred to as ‘drop-down), employer engagement and the all-round delivery of CEIAG delivery
• As this area of our provision grows this role will involve some responsibility for the supervision, training or quality assuring the work of others involved in CEIAG within the Trust
Knowledge & Experience
• Previous proven experience of working in an educational setting
• Experience of working in a busy environment working to tight deadlines
• Methodical approach to tasks with a keen eye to detail
• Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise effectively
• Enthusiasm for the work and commitment to complete demanding tasks
• Ability to communicate effectively with students
• Ability to record information and produce reports
• 5 GCSE’s A*-C including English and Maths (or equivalent)
This is an important appointment for Cheadle Hulme High School and Hazel Grove High School as you will contribute to a team that provides a high quality service, delivering a positive operational and educational experience for all stakeholders.
In return for your commitment, we also offer:
• Competitive salary
• Pension scheme with employer contributions
• Excellent employee benefits
• Flexible working
Please base your evidence on the knowledge and experience on the attached Job Description
Any candidate who has a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010, is required to inform us, in order to ensure that ‘reasonable adjustments’ can be made.
To apply, complete the application form below by clicking on link below (CVs are not accepted).
Closing date for applications: 9am on Monday 1st June 2020
The Laurus Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
To apply for this job please visit www.grassroots-recruitment.online.