Woodley Primary School
Headteacher: Mrs EA Richardson
Required from September 2020 – Caretaker – Woodley Primary School
Salary: £18,795 – £19,171 per annum pro rata hours worked (actual salary £13,816 – £14,093)
Salary Grade: Scale 3 Points 5/6
Working Pattern: Part Time, Full Year
Hours: 32 hours per week over 5 days – 7.30am – 2.30pm (times may vary)
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Type: Education School based, School Support Staff
Closing date: Sunday 16th August 2020
Shortlisting: Monday 17th August 2020
Interview Date: Wednesday 19th August 2020
Woodley Primary School and the Governing Body are seeking to employ an enthusiastic and hardworking Caretaker to join our premises & facilities team. The core role is for 32 hours per week, full time year, plus overtime to support out of normal hour’s school events.
You will help provide a safe & well maintained learning space for pupils, some of the duties are listed below:
• External maintenance
• Painting & decorating
• Playground equipment maintenance
• Inspection of equipment
• Pre-planned maintenance duties
• You may be required to attend out of hours alarm calls on a rota basis.
• You will be responsible for ensuring the premises are kept secure and safe. Including locking & unlocking building and ensuring the alarm is activated and deactivated and premises secured. You will also be required to undertake appropriate overtime duties related to the use of the premises outside normal working hours.
You will be conscientious and practical with a “can do” attitude, happy to be actively involved in school life supporting the educational team. You will need to be energetic, enthusiastic, have a good sense of humour and be able to quickly and efficiently complete tasks.
We require someone who will contribute to the smooth running of the school by organising and undertaking the caretaking, maintenance, cleaning and security of the school site, equipment and grounds. The successful candidate will have caretaking or general maintenance skills, together with a knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and procedures.
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, you will be able to demonstrate:
· A working knowledge of H&S regulations, policies and procedures with the ability to carry out H&S checks
· Accurate record keeping skills, dealing with appropriate documentation and monitoring service schedules
· Effective cleaning of a designated area in accordance with the Authority’s approved methods, frequencies and standards and supervise the cleaning team, providing feedback to the Business Manager in relation to standards
· Good DIY and general maintenance skills
· The ability to maintain buildings and site to the required standards, undertaking relevant inspections where appropriate
· Experience of liaising with external contractors and visitors to site
The successful candidate would be:
· An effective team member
· Motivated with a good sense of humour
· A good communicator with a ‘can do’ attitude
· Have excellent organisational skills with a good standard of English and sound IT skills
· Enjoy a challenge and can show initiative
· Understand the need for confidentiality
The ability to work flexibly, work independently and plan your own workload is also important. Previous experience in a site maintenance role would be desirable, ideally within a school or similar environment.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to arrange a visit and we will try to accommodate you.
Application form, job description and person specification are available to download from this site and should be returned to Mrs Liz Richardson, the Headteacher, by email at email@example.com by 9am on Sunday 16th August 2020. When completing your application, please ensure that you refer to the person specification, particularly when submitting your supporting letter/statement. Please note that invitations to interviews and requests for references will be sent by email.
Our school is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
The successful applicant’s appointment will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment clearances including enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
Successful candidates will be informed by email or telephone. If you do not receive any communication from school, we regret that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Queensgate Primary, Bramhall
Salary grade – Scale 3 …
35 hours per week, all year round, permanent
Split shift – 7am – 9:30am, 2pm – 6:30pm (Monday to Friday)
Some flexibility required during school holidays and events. Occasional evening / weekend overtime required.
Queensgate Primary School is looking for a full time Caretaker to join our hard working and committed team. Responsibilities will include cleaning, maintenance and security of site, general repairs, and supervision of contractors.
We need a person to maintain a clean, welcoming, safe and secure environment for pupils, staff and visitors to school. We are looking for an individual who has a positive ‘can do’ attitude and is hardworking and flexible.
The successful applicant will need to be computer literate, have good DIY skills, aware of health and safety procedures/regulations and be a strong team player willing to contribute effectively to our school ethos.
To apply for this job please visit www.grassroots-recruitment.online.