Depot Manager -Waste Management – Widnes
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Depot Manager to join their dynamic team in Widnes, Cheshire.
This permanent position is well suited to an individual that has exceptional people skills with the ability to demonstrate accountability. If you’re looking to develop your career in the waste and recycling sector within a thriving and supportive workplace, this could be for you.
What you’ll do
- Manage all aspects of the Commercial business.
- Provide visible, approachable and exceptional leadership and management.
- Recognise and develop talent, championing inclusion in the workplace.
- Implement people management processes and procedures.
- Create a customer excellence approach & culture.
- Manage people and assets to deliver / exceed service expectations.
- Deliver efficient and profitable solutions to maximise profit.
- Drive innovation and change for customers.
- Provide strategic thinking and understanding of local markets conditions, competitors & opportunities for growth.
- Oversee Profit and Loss accounts, including forecasting, sales growth and profits.
- Ensure safety and well being of all employees and those affected by our operations.
- Work in close partnership with the Local Sales Teams to maximise the potential for growth.
- Provide clear, transparent & accurate reporting of business performance.
- Deliver operational efficiencies through use of digital, asset utilisation and cost control.
- Be the nominated Transport Manager 2 with overall responsibility for Fleet management.
The experience you will need
- IOSH Managing Safely.
- Leadership and Management qualification or equivalent work experience.
- Transport CPC.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Ability to manage the development of self and others through effective talent and succession planning.
- Strong business acumen.
- Financial management.
- Customer relationship management.
- Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to delegate through empowerment & trust.
- Level 5 Leadership & Management or equivalent work experience is desirable.
- COTC level 4 would be advantageous.
Benefits you will receive within this role are
- Eligible for Annual Performance Bonus
- Eligible for Company Car or Company Car Allowance (£5000)
- The option to join the Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Care
- Access to Rewards, benefits and discounts
- 25 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays
Application Response Policy
To apply, please submit your CV by clicking on the relevant links. If successful you will be contacted by one of our consultants within 3 working days. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we expect to receive, if you do not hear from us within this time you should presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Recruitment & Diversity Statement
Grassroots Recruitment is acting as a recruitment agency and a recruitment business in respect of this vacancy. Grassroots Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and recruiter. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion or disability.
To apply for this job please visit www.grassroots-recruitment.online.