Head of Engineering
£22-25k dependent upon experience
The Field Engineer will be based out of our clients Salford office and provide 1st and 2nd line IT Support to the site which holds several other tenants that receive Fiber Broadband.
The site that the Engineer will be based out of are about to undergo a major infrastructure upgrade in which the Engineer will be part of implementing and then supporting going forward.
The Field Engineer will be part of implementing and then supporting a mid-size enterprise environment running Microsoft’s Hyper-V, Huawei Enterprise Servers, Huawei Enterprise SAN Storage, Huawei Enterprise Wi-fi, Huawei Enterprise Core Network, SonicWALL Firewall, Office 365, Windows Server 2019 and VOIP etc.
The ideal candidate should have at least 3-4 years’ experience working within a 1st/2nd line support role, be customer service focused, naturally strives to be and do better, wants to progress there IT Career to the next
level and has strong knowledge in Microsoft Technologies, Server Virtualisation and Enterprise Networking. The candidate should be self-sufficient and have a pro-active approach to their role, able to work under pressure and has initiative.
The candidate will get some exposure to other specialist areas of IT as they work on projects with our Cyber Security and Infrastructure Teams. The candidate will be required to assist their engineering colleagues who are based at the Doncaster office as and when its needed.
Our client will provide the candidate with the appropriate training required to support our systems and our clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assisting the Service Desk when call volumes are high
- Resolve incidents within the Service Level Agreements for the On-site client and remote resolution for our other customers
- Occasional site visits to our other customers across the North West for fault fixes or implementations
- PC/Laptop support, fault fixes, builds, and installs
- Provide IT, Desktop, Server, and Networking Support to the customer site that the Engineer will be based at, logging the fault and resolution details accurately within the Helpdesk software.
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance to the Sales team as and when required.
- Build, Implement and support the Group’s VOIP Platform and its users.
- Provide match day support for the sports events at the customer site, time off in lieu is given to the Engineer for the additional match day support.
- Undertaking and working on small to medium sized projects and technical implementations as instructed by management
- Keeping documentation up to date for all systems (hardware and software). Including all applications installed and network topology/diagrams
- Liaising with 3rd parties and suppliers
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a 1st / 2nd line position (Essential)
- Previous experience working for a Managed Service Provider (Desirable)
- Full UK Driving License (Essential)
- Knowledge of the technologies listed below (Essential):
- Windows Server 2008 – 2019
- Windows 7 – 10
- Office 365 & Exchange On-prem
- Microsoft Active Directory (On-prem and Azure)
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Server virtualisation (Hyper-V / VMware)
- LAN/WAN Technologies (Routers, Switches, Firewalls)
- Basic understanding of Fiber Optic communications
- Basic understanding of VOIP, SIP and ISDN
- Basic understanding of ADSL/VSDL, FTTC, FTTP and Point to Point technologies
- Experience working with Huawei Core Networking, Huawei OceanStor SAN Storage and Huawei Wi-Fi Access Controllers (Beneficial but not essential)
- Experience working with Ubiquiti Unifi products – AP’s, Switches and USG’s (Beneficial but not essential)
- Experience in working on SonicWALL Firewalls & SonicWALL Cloud/Software Products (Beneficial but not essential)
- Any experience within Cyber Security would be considered as a bonus
- Certifications relating to the required technologies would be beneficial
- 20 Days Annual Leave (Plus Bank Holidays)
- Competitive Salary
- Regular Company Social Events
- Part of a company that is rapidly growing and investing into its technical team
- Flexible working
- Career progression, training, and development
- Pension scheme
Application Response Policy
To apply, please submit your CV by clicking on the relevant links. If successful you will be contacted by one of our consultants within 3 working days. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we expect to receive, if you do not hear from us within this time you should presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Recruitment & Diversity Statement
Grassroots Recruitment is acting as a recruitment agency and a recruitment business in respect of this vacancy. Grassroots Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and recruiter. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion or disability.
To apply for this job please visit www.grassroots-recruitment.online.