Education – School
School Support Staff
Rose Hill Primary, Marple
At Rose Hill Primary School we pride ourselves on providing a safe, secure, happy and nurturing learning environment for the children from the local community and surrounding area. We have a committed & dedicated team of teachers & support staff who work tirelessly to support and extend the children's learning opportunities, our aim is to inspire our children to believe in themselves and what they may achieve in the future.
We are looking for a Forest School Practitioner with a level 3 qualification who is familiar with delivery and assessment of quality outdoor learning. This is a newly designed post and flexibility is essential.
Salary: Commencing at Scale 5 point – dependent on experience -PLEASE NOTE SALARY WILL BE PRO RATA – Actual salary at the start of scale 5 point 12 – £16,074.61
No of hours : 32.5 hours per week term time only.
We are open to job share arrangements – please indicate the number of days you are available to work and the actual days you are available to work on your application form at the top of your personal statement.
Contract type: Temporary – Initially for 1 academic year 2020/2021
The skills and attributes desirable to us are:
– Autonomy in your role to take our Forest School Programme to the next level of development
– The appropriate qualifications for a forest school lead practitioner.
– To be able to organise and run the Forest Schools programme across the school from Nursery to Year 6.
– To become increasingly autonomous in your role to take our forest school programme to the next level of its development.
– To ensure high quality planning and delivery of programmes
– Write and check risk assessments for the sites and tools used and ensure health & safety procedures relating to participants and staff are observed
– To check and Maintain tools and other kit
– To develop the school grounds and beyond through forest school learning
– To ensure good communication with staff involved in any projects
– To take responsibility for evaluations for each programme
– To keep up to date with developments of Forest Schools
We will offer you: –
– A large open space which has already had significant forest school development to create your vision within!!
– Children who are eager to learn, explore and experience everything our school provides.
– Committed, supportive and friendly colleagues who work hard to maintain and extend our positive working and learning environment.
– A supportive Governing Body.
– A commitment to your professional development.
– The potential to develop outdoor community learning
– A successful, happy and forward thinking whole school community.
The role would start from September 2020
The post is initially temporary for one year
Please respond via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org – clearly mark your email Forest school Application Form
Closing date: – Friday 3rd July 2020 at Noon
Shortlisting: – TBC
Interview: – TBC
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant's appointment will be subject to satisfactory clearance by the DBS
Stockport Council – Valuing diversity.
To apply for this job please visit www.grassroots-recruitment.online.