IT Support Engineer
Location: Manchester, M15
Our client is looking for an IT Support Engineer to join their team in Manchester. Bringing together a drive to make a real difference to their customers, exceptional sector knowledge, and the latest technology, our client is looking for an enthusiastic individual to complement their team, someone to join their team on their journey who will grow with the business.
Reporting to the Head of Support you will provide technical assistance and advice to a range of customers. As a 2nd Line Support Engineer, you will have demonstrable experience of analysis and problem-solving abilities. You will need to take ownership of Support Tickets from the initial contact through to issue resolution. Your customer service skills are second to none and you will ensure all customers benefit from your outstanding customer service.
Key Responsibilities as an IT Support Engineer
• Use root cause analysis to investigate problems.
• Work to deadlines and SLAs
• Technical escalation of support cases where required
• Take a hands-on approach to resolving IT issues within set SLAs
• Excellent Time management experience
• Strong background in 2nd Line Support
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, across multiple platforms and levels.
• Sound IT knowledge, keeping up to date with technological advancements within the industry
• On-board new customers as required
• Flexibility in your approach to sourcing suitable technical solutions
The ideal candidate as an IT Support Engineer
• Confidence in your ability to articulate solutions and outcomes for customers.
• Strong knowledge of Windows 10 and Office 365
• Storage Solution knowledge is essential
• Experience working for an MSP essential
• Basic understanding of networking infrastructure – firewalls, switches etc.
• Server 2019 knowledge is required
• Azure/AWS cloud experience preferred
• LogicMonitor or similar Administration experience would be desirable
• ITIL standard knowledge
• Experience of networking – LAN, WAN, SAN, VPN
• In depth knowledge of BackupExec/Veeam
• Experience of VMware, Hyper-V and XenServer Virtualisation Technologies is expected
• Demonstrable experience of meeting and exceeding KPI’s/SLAs
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Working knowledge of SNMP and NetFlow monitoring protocols would be advantageous
• Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server is desirable
• Demonstrable experience troubleshooting hardware/software issues such as Cisco/Dell
30 days holiday including bank holidays increasing to 35 with service, investment in the best software and hardware for all staff, optional private healthcare plan.
£23,000 – £40,000, dependent on experience
Job type: Permanent
Get in touch
To apply for this job please visit www.grassroots-recruitment.online.