Kinetic Skilled and Trades are looking to recruit a Mechanical / Assembly Fitter to work for one of our clients based in Knutsford. They have been established for over 50 years and are still going strong and are a leader within machine manufacturing.
As the Assembly / Mechanical Fitter the purpose of the job is to effectively build, test and repair all equipment produced to the required quality and timescale and in accordance with the job specification/drawings and works order. You will effectively build, test and repair all equipment also.
The role of Mechanical fitter will involve:
- Check contents of issued material/components in accordance with drawings/parts list prior to start of build and report any deficiencies to Team Leader.
- Build equipment using the materials/components supplied within the specified timescale and in accordance with the drawing/specification ensuring all necessary documentation is completed and that finished work is clean, grease and free from scratches and sharp edges
- Appraise hire machines and take appropriate action to bring the machines' condition/functionality to the current or required standard ensuring work is tested for functionality
- Complete inspection of machines and tooling taking action to resolve any problems identified
- Conduct a final inspection of mechanical aspects and ensure compliance in accordance with the inspection sheets
- Assist colleagues with problems that arise offering practical and appropriate solutions.
- Maintain all appropriate documentation and ensure that all unused components are returned to stores
- Ensure that, where appropriate the escalation procedure is implemented
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Must have completed a recognised Mechanical Apprenticeship
- Excellent Experience within an Assembly / Mechanical fitting environment
- Able to work shifts during this time and then return to normal hours after
- Excellent communication skills
The details of the job are:
- £23000 – £26000 salary per annum
- Hours of work are 0600 – 1400 / 1400 – 22.30 During the pandemic *Normal working hours are 0800 – 16.30
This is a fantastic opportunity for enthusiastic and confident individuals to join a friendly, hard-working assembly team. Your technical knowledge and experience will be developed to equip you for the role.
Kinetic plc is a Recruitment Consultancy with over 35 years of experience of delivering staffing solutions to the engineering, manufacturing and technical industries. Kinetic plc treats all applications with a high degree of care, we review all submissions and will attempt to contact applicants who match the job profile. Those that do not meet the specification may not be contacted but their CV retained to be considered against future opportunities.
0161 874 1635
View more details here – https://www.kinetic-plc.co.uk/general-manufacturing/44926-mechanical-fitter?region=5&salary=annum
To apply for this job please visit www.grassroots-recruitment.online.