Payroll Business Analyst / Implementation, Cheadle Hulme, Cheshire to £40,000 pa
This is a varied role in a cloud payroll software business which has several accounting intermediary customers, all focused on the temporary labour and Umbrella market. The role will involve contributing to and managing the development of payroll software features, project management, client liaison and support as well as assisting in the roll out of our software at client sites. Longer term, the aim is for the software to become the ‘software of choice’ for those operating payrolls in the gig economy.
Principal Responsibilities will be to assist in implementing payroll software on client sites and remote support for clients on an ongoing basis:
- Owning elements of our software development activities such as designing new features, Sprint planning and User Acceptance testing
- Forming and maintaining strong relationships with payroll teams at client sites
- Dealing with complex technical payroll queries from clients
- Managing client implementations (including data migration) and training
- An internal expert in complex payroll matters
This is a hands on and varied role in a fast growing software business. The role will be demanding and will suit an ambitious, career focused individual who is keen to learn and determined to progress.
- be intelligent with a pragmatic approach to problem solving (a grade A or similar in GCSE maths is a requirement)
- be qualified, either formally or experience, in weekly umbrella payroll operation
- have experience answering client telephone enquiries and / or queries
- have a deep and comprehensive knowledge of payroll: including holiday pay, attachment of earnings, taxes and national insurance
- be able to, and enjoy, working very well under pressure
- have a track record of managing and handling payroll queries on a large scale
- be able to use initiative and work independently
- be detail and actioned orientated; results focused; have excellent communication and a demonstrable appetite for delivering results
- Fiercely ambitious
- Career progression and personal development will be a personal priority
- Be prepared to spend up to 8 weeks a year in India
To apply for this job please visit www.grassroots-recruitment.online.