Customer & Public Services
Scale 5 plus 1
About Stockport Register Office
Stockport Register office is committed to providing excellent registration services to our community. The service has recently been redesigned and is going through a period of modernisation. We have a dedicated team with a wealth of experience.
We are looking for a forward thinking, self-motivated, results driven individual who excels in customer service. You will have worked within the registration service and have experience of RON.
You will be based at Stockport Register office but will work across the Borough delivering ceremonies and carrying out registration duties.
If you are a flexible team player with excellent interpersonal skills who enjoys variety within the workplace and would like to be part of our fast-paced statutory service to the local community we would be delighted to hear from you.
You will comply with the team rota to work 2.5 days out of 7 working day week including weekends and bank holidays. You will also be required to form part of the on-call rota
Working as part of the Stockport Registration Service you will be involved in the following:
• Birth, Death and Still Birth Registration.
• Corrections and re-registrations.
• Notices of Marriage.
• Conducting and Registering Ceremonies.
• Copy Certificates.
• EU Settlement Scheme.
• Processing documentation and facilitating Citizenship Ceremonies.
• General administration including; responding to telephone and email enquiries.
• Producing weekly reports and analysing data.
• Cashing up and Banking.
• Safe evacuation of premises in the event of an emergency.
• First Aid provision.
Systems and software we’re using:
• Microsoft Software Suite
• Civica Pay
• Tell us once
• Employee discounts
• Starting Salary £22,021 (pro rata)
• 23 days holiday to start (pro rata)
• Pension Scheme
For more information please contact Jane Morton 07970 262 314 or to apply, please follow the apply link.
Job Description and Person Specification
Stockport Council – Valuing Diversity
To apply for this job please visit www.grassroots-recruitment.online.