At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job – to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You’ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We will ask a lot of you – but you’ll get back so much more. With us, it is never ‘just a job’.
In return for your hard work and passion, we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
Are you looking for a flexible job where you can choose when to work and still be able to make a positive difference in someone's life? At Mencap we can give you that.
We have opportunities for Relief Support Workers to work as and when required in Stockport. This means you can choose when to work depending on your availability and the hours being offered to you.
As a Support worker you will be expected to provide an outstanding level of care that will enormously contribute to the people we support, living a more comfortable, dignified, independent and happy life.
This will include:
Personal care – helping people to get ready for the day and assisting with bathing, showering and using the bathroom.
Administering medications, helping out with house work, organising appointment’s and cooking delicious healthy meals.
Excellent communication skills – an ability to be able to adapt your manner in how you speak to make the information understood by all of the people that you will be supporting.
The people you will be supporting all have different hobbies and interests and the right person for this role will hopefully enjoy trying new things and going out into the community… whether it be a morning down at the local ponds, fishing, a shopping trip into town, or a mini break away for a few days… no two days are the same!!
Ready to start your career with Mencap? Click “Apply” today.
*An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate, paid for by Mencap (T&Cs apply)
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme
- Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract
Please click here for more details – https://jobs.mencap.org.uk/vacancies/18622/relief-support-worker–stockport.html
To apply for this job please visit www.grassroots-recruitment.online.