About the Company
At New Horizons, we look after children and young people between the ages 10-18 years, with challenging behaviour/ complex needs and children on the periphery of offending. We also offer residential childcare for children displaying harmful sexualised behaviour.
Our skilled and experienced staff team have consistently delivered placement stability, high quality health and social care and achieved excellent educational results, which have been pivotal to our success in achieving positive outcomes for children with all kinds of challenging behaviours.
About the Job
We're currently recruiting for a Senior Residential Support Worker to work with Children & Young People. Reporting to the Unit Manager, you'll need to work 40 hours per week which includes sleeping in / shift work, on calls including evenings and weekends on a rota system with an hourly pay of £9.35 – £10.50 per hour.
The purpose of job is to effectively and efficiently deliver the main responsibilities as follows within a specialist, therapeutic, residential setting catering for young people who cannot live at home including:
- Assisting the management of the home in developing the skills and potential of RSW’s.
- Working within, and ensuring effective delivery of the policies and procedures in the home, and the company.
- Monitoring and maintaining administrative requirements, ensuring that the outcome meets the standards set out in childcare legislation, and the homes working practices.
- Participating and where appropriate taking the lead in the assessment, implementation and review of young people’s care plans
- Supervising and developing the skills of staff in their daily working practice
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Promoting and actively encouraging the delivery of a safe, structured and nurturing environment
- Working within local, national and legislative requirements
- Escorting young people in the pool car or own vehicle when required or requested by management.
- Ensuring that own vehicle is road worthy, taxed, MOT, and that you have valid business insurance.
- Working on own initiative when required
?You'll need experience in and be able to:
- Supervise young people in a group or individual setting
- Relate to, and engage young people who display challenging behaviour
- Undertake formal and informal supervision of RSW’s
- Safeguard and protect the welfare of the young people
- Ensure meeting the needs of the young people are paramount
- Promote and support the young people in reaching their full potential
- Ensure that the life chance opportunities of young people are met in relation to their social, educational, leisure, emotional health and mental health needs.
- Act as case holder for two young people and undertake key working duties when RSW’s are on annual leave or absent through sickness
- Develop and deliver strategies to manage young people who display inappropriate behaviour
- Ensure effective delivery of all work requirements within agreements and deadlines of partner agencies and the company
- Where required, deputise in the absence of the management of the home and provide on call support on a rota basis.
- Where required, attend reviews and / or meetings appertaining to the home, staff or young people
- Work in partnership with families
- Abide by the company policy and procedures in relation to professional supervision and appraisal systems for staff
- Undertake all relevant training as and when required.
?Click here to upload your CV – https://www.newhorizonsstockport.com/newpage1
To apply for this job please visit www.grassroots-recruitment.online.