SERVICE 24 TECHNICIAN / VANS – STOCKPORT
LSH Auto is proud to be part of a respected and world-renowned premium car dealership that dates back over 45 years. LSH International operates over 143 Mercedes-Benz dealerships in markets across the globe in diverse countries such as China, Australia, South Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, Cambodia and most recently in Germany and the United Kingdom.
Our UK dealerships of high-end automobiles operates under our corporate business LSH Auto UK Limited and is made up of immaculate dealerships located across Birmingham and Manchester. Dealership sites include Birmingham Central, Erdington, Macclesfield, Solihull, Stockport, Manchester Central, Tamworth and Whitefield.
Based in two of the largest cities in the UK, LSH Auto is easily commutable offering a great line-up of new and approved used Mercedes-Benz and smart car models.
Role Summary – Service24h Technician
Mercedes-Benz Vans Authorized Repairers offer breakdown service to our customers either through specialized Service24h Technicians (during and out of normal workshop opening hours).
As a Service24h Technician for breakdown service, you are responsible for independent system diagnosis and the repair of malfunctions on-site at the breakdown location and over the telephone.
Your qualifications, skills and years of professional experience also enable you to rectify malfunctions outside your area of specialization and thus efficiently restore the customer's vehicle to a roadworthy state. In this role, you cover the entire range of Mercedes-Benz Vans, including older model series. You represent the Mercedes-Benz Vans to customers on-site, promote the image of the brand and service organization through your respectful handling of customer property and your professional manner with customers as well as making an important contribution to customer satisfaction.
As a Service24h Partner offers extended breakdown service (documented in the Service24h Agreement & Guideline), also outside of normal workshop opening time, with a Service24h Technician.
Social and interpersonal skills
• You behave in a customer-focused manner and understand that you are an ambassador for the Mercedes-Benz Vans.
• You show understanding for the customer's situation and communicate appropriately and politely.
• You are flexible and can cope with time-related pressures.
• You work independently at the breakdown location, deciding on and coordinating the necessary measures.
• You see yourself as the on-site case manager and assume responsibility for restoring the customer's mobility efficiently.
• You can assign further steps to colleagues and partner companies if the customer's vehicle cannot be made roadworthy in an efficient manner at the breakdown location.
Methodological and process skills
• You are familiar with the laws and work safety regulations as well as the provisions for safety at the breakdown location and for working on or in public roads and places.
• You are familiar with Mercedes-Benz Vans roadside assistance and the corresponding roadside assistance services.
• You are familiar with the repair order process (order creation, assessment of prices for labour and materials).
Vehicle and product technology
• You have a good understanding of the vehicle systems and are familiar, over and above your area of expertise, with frequently occurring damage profiles which lead to breakdowns.
• You are familiar with safe and reliable repair methods at the breakdown location.
• You can analyse and use the available telediagnosis data.
• You can use the Mercedes-Benz diagnostic systems reliably and effectively.
• You can diagnose problems on-site even with limited technical means.
• You are able to recognize the point at which diagnosis or repair at the breakdown location is inefficient and initiate the necessary further actions.
• You have knowledge of current After-Sales IT tools (such as Xentry Diagnosis, EPCnet and WISnet) and can apply these in a focused manner.
Customer contact management
As a Service24h Technician, you are primarily responsible, in addition to providing a technical solution to the breakdown situation, for ensuring professional and respectful customer contact. Service24h Technicians must adhere to the specified Service24h processes (e.g. use of M4T).
• Receive a roadside assistance order, with Service24h Partner via the CAC/CCC as per the defined processes.
• Make contact with the customer as soon as possible, briefly evaluate the described customer complaint and inform the customer of associated costs if there is no mobility program with covered services.
• Inform customer of the anticipated arrival time at the breakdown location, Service24h Technicians must additionally inform the CAC/CCC.
• Ensure the breakdown service vehicle (so-called “Service24h Vehicle” for Service24h Partners) is equipped according to the defined scope.
• Before leaving for the breakdown location, check the telediagnosis data, narrow down the cause of the breakdown and retrieve the necessary parts and tools for an on-site repair.
• Organisation of VOR order in case of necessary part not on dealer stock.
• Provide feedback to the customer if the expected arrival time cannot be met.
• Greet the customer and – if necessary – accompany the customer out of the hazard area.
• Secure the breakdown location in accordance with the law and work safety regulations and, if necessary, inform the police.
• Verify the damage and symptoms described on the phone and check the vehicle parameters relevant to the roadside assistance programs (VIN, kilometer reading, maintenance records etc.).
• Create a repair order including confirmation with the signature of the customer or their authorized representative.
• Perform a visual inspection to verify the customer's complaint.
• Perform systematic and structured diagnoses (in accordance with the diagnosis strategy) using the information from the customer complaint, actual values and specifications from the Diagnosis Assistance System.
• Assess the effort for rectifying the fault and decide whether to perform repairs on-site or take other actions.
• Discuss further steps to be taken with the customer.
Repair and towing
• Independently plan the repair work and, if necessary, create the order extension with the approval of the customer.
• Perform the repair as per the defined repair mandate for breakdown service in order to restore the customer's vehicle to a roadworthy state.
• Perform the final inspections and function checks independently.
• Organise towing, inform the workshop scheduler if a customer vehicle cannot be repaired on-site and has to be towed to the Mercedes-Benz Vans Authorized Repairer.
Communicate the damage profile to allow seamless ongoing customer care (ordering of spare parts, provision of alternative mobility).
• Tidy up and clean the breakdown location.
• Stow tools safely in the breakdown service vehicle.
• Explain the work performed and any charges to the customer.
• Provide written notification if the repair only allows the vehicle to be driven safely on a temporary basis.
• Obtain the customer's signature on the repair order as documentation of the work performed.
• Ensure organization of replacement vehicle.
• Take your leave of the customer.
To apply for this job please visit www.grassroots-recruitment.online.