Shifts: 0600 -1500 /1300 – 2200 : Double Days – Monday – Friday
Salary: £34-£38k dependent on experience + OT
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
About The Role
David Wood Foods is a food manufacturing organisation with a site based in Bolton. We have over 20 years experience in the food business, and currently produce a range of quality products for the retail and foodservice industry from seven high-tech factories.
Yet we’re not a company to sit back and relax. Product development is our heartbeat and we work closely with our customers to develop products that combine specific requirements and imaginative flair. Working with key partners we have already developed a number of new exciting and award-winning products that continue to attract and delight consumers.
As a key part of our 7- site group, our Bolton site is a large food manufacturer producing a range of quality Savoury Pastry products, Desserts and Meals for the major UK retailers and foodservice operators.
In the last 12 months we have invested heavily in our plant and team and we are now looking to expand our engineering team, by seeking two experienced multi-skilled Shift Engineers to join the team.
Along with reactive and planned maintenance to the plant, the Shift Engineer would be responsible for the development and implementation of line improvements. They would also be required to work closely with the team leaders, and management to ensure targets are met on safety, output, quality, efficiency, energy and waste.
The Shift Engineer would also be involved any installations and would also be expected to communicate with the Engineering Manager on all production and engineering issues.
We are looking to offer an opportunity to the right person who is ambitious to develop their career and is a great team player.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- To provide a hands on role resolving immediate problems ensuring continuity of production and limitation of waste or damaged product.
- Proactively identify and solve problems on the plant to increase reliability and efficiency.
- Keep up-to-date with Best Practice and CI Initiatives.
- To document all breakdowns and repairs.
- To utilise the planned preventive maintenance system to ensure all the production equipment is maintained regularly.
- To aid in project work when requested by the senior engineers.
- To ensure technical investigations into all breakdowns establishing the route cause analysis and the remedial action required.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirement including all Health and Safety issues.
- To work safely at all times using the correct PPE as required in the risk assessments for each particular task.
- To communicate to the production shift manager indicating realistic timescales on major breakdowns to keep production informed of the progress of the breakdown.
- Served a full apprenticeship, preferably within a FMCG environment
- Food background is an advantage but not essential
- Good practical and technical skills
- The ability to work quickly and under pressure
- The ability to manage a varied work load
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Awareness of Health & Safety legislation
- Knowledge of plc’s (desired but not essential)
For more information contact David Wood Foods – https://www.davidwoodfoods.com/vacancies/shift-engineer-3/
To apply for this job please visit www.grassroots-recruitment.online.