Stockport Grammar is looking for new staff members for positions on the Site Services Team.
Successful applicants will ensure a high quality, professional and efficient site and facilities management service is delivered.
Job Title: Site Services Staff
Purpose of the Job: To ensure a high quality professional and efficient site and facilities management service is delivered to the staff and management of the school, whilst working within existing procedures and budgets and complying fully with Health & Safety legislation.
Reports To: Site Services Manager
Hours of Work: Normally 40 hours, as part of an agreed shift pattern. In addition Site Staff may be asked to work additional hours when necessary. The Site Services department is required to provide a service to cover the daily operation of the School and its commitment to external users of the school’s facilities. This will involve some weekend and evening working.
Terms and Conditions
Salary; in a range £17.5K – £19.5K subject to experience
Contributory pension scheme, life insurance scheme
Lunch during term time will be provided
Holidays: 5 weeks per annum plus bank holidays
- To be a member of a rostered team responsible for unlocking of the school premises each weekday and to ensure the school premises and grounds are secure at the end of the day.
- Supervision of car parking on the site as necessary -normally at beginning and end of school day.
- Responding to Helpdesk requests from staff ensuring that all requests receive prompt attention.
- Acting as gatekeeper/receptionist for the site, during the school day, for evening events and for the use of sports facilities.
- Deliver general duties across the whole school site.
- Responsibility for duty phone cover out of hours at agreed times/rotas.
- Regular checking of alarm systems for fire and security.
- Act as one of school site fire marshalls.
- Regular checking and testing of plant systems.
- Operation of School heating plant ventilation and building management systems.
- Management of waste collection and recycling from the site.
- Replacement of electric light bulbs, fluorescent tubes and associated fittings.
- Removal, transport, storage and setting out of furniture and fittings as required by the academic staff and in particular, but not limited to, the Halls and canteen areas.
- Liaison with, including the provision of access for, external contractors.
- Identification of breakages, damages and health and safety hazards, including dealing with minor matters and reporting where necessary to the Bursar Maintenance Manager or Site Services Manager as appropriate
- Removal of graffiti.
- Hanging of pictures and signs around the school site.
- Liaison with external suppliers and contractors as necessary.
- Some cleaning of areas which are not within the remit of the cleaners, for example, high level dusting of light fittings.
- Where required, out of hours emergency repairs.
- Minor painting works around the site. Any other reasonable duties as requested by Bursary staff Health and Safety
- Ensure that all staff conduct themselves in accordance to their responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
- The post holder will, at all times, perform the duties with due adherence to all School Policies and Procedures.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Relevant facilities management experience preferably in an education or related environment.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills. Tolerance tact and diplomacy will be essential to the establishment of effective working relationships.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with other team members, external agencies and contractors.
- Good planning and organisation skills.
- Ability to work independently and take responsibility for tasks as required.
- Demonstrable flexible and proactive approach to work.
- Clean driving licence.
- Quality conscious.
- Ability to engage in a physically demanding role throughout the day.
- Ability to move furniture and equipment and undertake manual handling tasks to the recommended limits.
- Evidence of relevant practical skills and willingness to learn new skills.
- Technical knowledge/qualifications related to plant and alarm systems
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety requirements
- Knowledge of security and emergency procedures
- Understanding of child protection issues
- Good ICT skills
- A First Aid Qualification
Applicants are asked to apply by completing the School’s Application Form, CV’s will not be accepted.
Please click here to view full details and apply now: https://www.stockportgrammar.co.uk/school-information/jobs/vacancies/site-services-staff/
To apply for this job please visit www.grassroots-recruitment.online.