Abingdon Primary School
Telephone: 0161 480 4531
Do you have a passion for helping others and going the extra mile?
Are you committed and hard working with a keen eye for detail?
Do you love working with a creative team to make school a safe and inspirational place for children to learn?
If so, then we would welcome your application for the position of Site Supervisor at Abingdon Primary School.
The Governors and Headteacher at Abingdon Primary School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and suitably experienced site supervisor to create, maintain and manage a safe environment for our school community. You will have a keen eye for detail and be responsible for the security, maintenance and cleaning of the school and will oversee a team of cleaning staff. The successful candidate will join our happy, inclusive school serving the South Reddish community, and work as part of our fantastic team.
We are looking for a candidate who will take an active interest in the life of the school and enhance the excellent services that we provide, taking pride in their work, setting high standards for themselves, and the condition of the building and school grounds.
You will be expected to work a split shift (6:30am-9:30am / 2:30pm-7:00pm – hours are negotiable) and act as a key holder for the premises. However, some flexibility will be required in order to facilitate holidays, school events and meetings. The ability to plan and undertake repairs and general maintenance to a high standard is essential, along with the ability to work on your own initiative and be proactive in your approach to daily work, including some porterage and cleaning duties. Experience of working in site management/maintenance/building trades, whilst not essential, would be an advantage.
We require a practitioner who:
• Is willing and able to be a part of the school – awarding our Golden Broom to the tidiest classroom and potentially working with a small group of children on certain occasions (with additional adult support) to teach them life skills
• Has an understanding of the role of caretaking/site manager
• Has cleaning and handyperson/DIY skills
• Has good communication skills and reasonable IT skills
• Is an effective team member and works/communicates well with other staff
• Is motivated, has a positive attitude and enjoys a challenge
• Has the ability to work on one’s own initiative and to have a good-humoured, enthusiastic approach to the role
• Has lots of energy and can be flexible within their working day
• Have a good working knowledge of Health & Safety procedures
• Willing to be a part of the school community
In Return We Can Offer
• The opportunity to join a highly motivated, innovative and energetic staff team, where you can contribute to the further development of facilities provision at our school – we love our team!
• Full involvement in the life of the school
• The opportunity for further training and development
• Dedicated, supportive and friendly colleagues
• Kind, motivated and happy pupils
• Supportive parents and carers
• Support from a strong network of stakeholders and agencies
• Birthday hour for all staff!
The position is permanent but subject to a 6 month probation period from the earliest possible start date. If you are interested in this role, please read the job description and person specification. Candidates who meet the criteria need to complete an application form including the supporting information page which should fully outline how you meet the criteria and why you believe yourself suitable for this position.
The governing body of this school is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all those who believe they have suitable experience and qualifications.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with further details.
The application forms and an information pack are available to download from here. Completed forms should be returned to the school via the above email address or posted to the school address above.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant's appointment will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment clearances including a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Stockport Council – Valuing Diversity
Closing Date: Monday 6th July 10:00amShortlisting Date: Tuesday 7th July 2020
Interview Date: Friday 10th July 2020
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit www.grassroots-recruitment.online.