Come and join a forward looking and enthusiastic development team that are working to better the lives of Stockport’s citizens through the use of the latest technology.
We’re looking for skilled developers with experience of modern techniques and languages, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a willingness to learn, advise and lead on new digital solutions.
You’ll be working in a progressive, supportive, multi-disciplinary team using agile practices, in a vibrant office environment.
This is a permanent role and will include the opportunity for you to:
• get hands-on development and delivery using broad range of languages, tools and technologies
• use OO skills, including design patterns, standards, integration and testing
• pair with other developers to solve problems and share knowledge
• deliver new capabilities, business value, and supporting integration into bespoke software applications
• work with agile, lean and continuous delivery and best practices, such as continuous integration, TDD, infrastructure as code.
• use best practices like refactoring, clean code, encapsulation and web standards.
• work in a multi-disciplinary team including quality assurance, business analysts and UX/Content designers
• work and build strong relationships with colleagues across the council
You’ll use a range of technologies including:
ASP.Net Core, ASP.Net 4.*, C#, MVC, Restful Services, React, Amazon Web Services, modern web standards, Windows, Python, SQL, Team City, ElasticSearch/Kibana, GIt.
Additional benefits include:
• salary up to 36k depending on experience
• agile working environment
• up to 27 days holiday
• flexible working and flexi-time scheme
• career progression opportunities
• employee discounts
• membership of local government pension scheme
Job Description and Person Specification
Stockport Council – Valuing Diversity
To apply for this job please visit www.grassroots-recruitment.online.