SolarWinds Network Monitoring Consultant – remote working, occasional, planned site visits. To £70,000 plus package
Our client is looking for an Engineer/Consultant to join their growing team who are quick to build relationships at all levels, highly organised, strong communicators and understand the need for accuracy in all aspects of the role.
You will join a friendly team to ensure that all engagements are delivered to a high level and meet customer needs, undertaking a number of duties to ensure the smooth delivery of onsite and offsite professional services consultancy and training on the SolarWinds suite of IT monitoring and management solutions.
The Senior Engineer is the standard bearer for the team. If you are unwavering in your attitude and inspirational to your colleagues and direct peers we want to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Professional Services Delivery:
- Complete engagements remotely or onsite (occasional) for customers as required
- Create design documents based on requirements. This includes from short statement of works, to HLDs, LLDs and implementation plans
- Complete health checks and ensure documentation is produced in a timely manner for the Account Manager
- Complete documentation as required by company policy and procedures
- Ensure all data captured and all documentation associated with a project is uploaded in the correct files on the server and CRM
- Deliver SolarWinds training for customers as appropriate and deliver this onsite or offsite as required
- Work within their ethos of internal knowledge sharing amongst team members, assist in the training of other team members in own area of expertise
- Contribute to the internal repository of knowledge resources
- Help the support team solving support tickets on an adhoc basis
- Keep up to date with new features and versions of the SolarWinds products
- Write blog posts about SolarWinds features
What they’re looking for:
- You are highly organised with experience in a similar role and either directly with SolarWinds or similar monitoring solutions.
- You have an overall high degree of technical knowledge and proficiency.
- You have a flexible attitude, be prepared to work to tight deadlines, with changing priorities and enjoy the challenges of working in a demanding role.
- You are reliable, dependable and willing to pitch in at all times
- You are interested in delivering training to a high standard and working in a customer facing role.
Essential Skills Required:
- At least two years’ experience installing and configuringSolarWinds Orion, or similar monitoring tools
- Positive, flexible, proactive attitude with a strong sense of responsibility to ensure the highest standards are met throughout the business
- Expert with Network and Application Management protocols such as SNMP, SNMP Traps, Syslog, ICMP, WMI, Netflow…
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Calm, organised and able to work well within a team
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise own workload
- Previous use of CRM/database applications
- High degree of technical knowledge across a wide range of platforms
Desirable Skills (not essential):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology
- Industry certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, Comptia+, MCSE…
- Working knowledge of LAN / WAN configurations, Switches, Routers and security appliances.
- Network administration and troubleshooting skills (DHCP/Static, TCP/IP, DNS)
- Scripting/programming knowledge in PowerShell, Perl, Python or similar
- SQL query knowledge including joins and data functions
- Experience of delivering technical training to users
To apply, please submit your CV by clicking on the relevant links. If successful you will be contacted by one of our consultants within 3 working days. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we expect to receive for this, if you do not hear from us within this time you should presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Grassroots Recruitment is acting as a recruitment agency and a recruitment business in respect of this vacancy. Grassroots Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and recruiter. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion or disability
To apply for this job please visit www.grassroots-recruitment.online.