Store Manager – Openshaw
£19,280 per annum plus excellent benefits
Advertising End Date:
05 Jul 2020
Hours Per Week:
We work in partnership with people with a learning disability, and all our services support people to live life as they choose. Everyone wants a purposeful job – to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist. We want to make you feel inspired to reach your potential.
Our work includes;
- Providing high-quality, flexible services that allow people to live as independently as possible in a place they choose
- Providing advice through our help lines and web sites
- Campaigning for the changes that people with a learning disability want
Mencap Retail began in 2016 and have been growing ever since. We now have 32 charity retail stores and are planning more new stores in the future. Do you want to join our team?
We are excited to be looking for a Store Manager in our store at our Openshaw store.
As the Store Manager, you will:
- Be responsible for driving the sales to maximise the stores profit contribution.
- Be responsible for ensuring all day to day tasks are completed including sorting and pricing stock, merchandising and display.
- Volunteer management ensuring the store operates in a safe manor.
- Ensure that exceptional customer and donor service is offered at all times.
- Encourage repeat donations and sign up to Gift Aid to maximise income.
- Ensure all tasks are properly delegated to staff in accordance with their training and abilities.
- Be able to take responsibility for your own and your team’s development and learning.
- Have a flexible approach to working hours and days including working weekend and Bank Holidays as appropriate.
- Occasionally travel to team meetings, training events and in the initial growth of the new retail stores, assist with the setting up other new stores.
- Be passionate about the Mencap values and will strive to ensure our Retail brand is successful.
- Have experience in working in retail, as customer facing environment is essential.
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge and want to work for an organisation that strives for excellence, we want to hear from you!
Interviews will be held w/c 13th July 2020
ID – 19465
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join Mencap Pension Plan where Mencap matches contributions upto 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings. If you don’t join the Plan you will be auto-enrolled into NEST
- Membership of Mencap Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary death in service live cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness
- Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract
To apply please click here
To apply for this job please visit www.grassroots-recruitment.online.