At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job – to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You’ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We will ask a lot of you – but you’ll get back so much more. With us, it is never ‘just a job’.
In return for your hard work and passion, we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
You will be supporting adults with a learning disability who are already living in these services. This is a very diverse and busy environment with lots of different personalities, a range of support needs and varying interests, so no two days are the same.
We have various hours available on permanent contracts, working shifts covering mornings, evenings and sleep ins. The shifts are rota’d in advance across the week, weekend and bank holidays.
Things you may need to support with:
• Personal care/medication
• Cooking, cleaning & going to the supermarket
• Updating relevant records
• Attending appointments and social activities.
You will be actively promoting and encouraging the people we support to make their own choices in everything they do. You will also be involved in great things like: Supporting these individuals to arranging trips out and participating in games nights.
We are looking for someone with a ‘can-do’ attitude, who is enthusiastic and outgoing. The people we support require their support workers to have a genuine interest in assisting them to live as independently as possible.
We are a supportive team with a Manager who appreciates their staff and supports with development where possible. If you are looking for something a bit different, that is a challenge but can be fun and extremely rewarding then please apply today!
Enhanced DBS is required for each successful candidate.
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme
- Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract
For more information, please visit – https://jobs.mencap.org.uk/vacancies/18625/support-worker–marple.html
To apply for this job please visit www.grassroots-recruitment.online.