Is teaching a route that you’re passionate about?
Can you easily commute to Oldham?
A Great opportunity has opened up for level 3 teaching assistant apprenticeships based in a well established school in the Oldham area. A multi academy trust consisting of 4 schools, all of which cater to children with various physical and mental disabilities between the ages of 4-19. Our client is looking for 15 Teaching Assistant Apprentices to join their schools, and help create amazing opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Your role will include:
- Helping the class teacher to prepare lessons for the day/next day
- Supporting the classroom during lesson time
- Working with the Subject/Phase Leader to target areas for improvement
- Recording and reporting pupils progress and achievements
- Assisting teachers with extra-curricular activities
- To build a relationship of trust with every pupil of every age in order to help them achieve their full potential.
- To help the teacher with preparation, encourage the children, work with children on a one-to-one basis or in small groups.
- Ensuring classrooms are kept in a safe condition for learning
- Maintaining and arranging the orderly and secure storage of resources
- Participating in After School and Holiday club activities
For this Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship, they are looking for someone who can:
- Work with both pupils and co-workers
- Must be able to pass a CRB check
- Able to take on multiple tasks
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Support with pupil’s care when necessary
- Build positive relationships with the pupils
- Bring a professional approach and personality to work
The successful Teaching Assistant Apprentices will be:
- Willing to help others
- Friendly with both children and staff
- Punctual and reliable
- Coming to work everyday with a positive work ethic
- Hardworking and willing to go the extra mile
Minimum of 5 GCSEs grade A – C (9 – 4) including Maths and English are required.
For the right candidates, a full time permanent role may be available upon completion of the Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship, which is a highly recognised and transferable qualification.
Our training provider is one of the leading training providers in the North West. A tutor will come to the workplace and work with you on a one – to – one basis, and help you towards completing you Level 3 advanced Teaching Assistant qualification.
To apply for this job please visit www.grassroots-recruitment.online.