Team Manager – Programme & Project Management
Salary: MB3 £42,683 – £48,788
37 Hours, Permanent
Do you want your work to make a difference? Do you want to be a valued member of an organisation responsible for maintaining over 945km of local authority and strategic roads across Stockport and who provide vital services to over 300,000 people? Do you want to play a key role in developing and delivering transport infrastructure solutions in support of the £1Bn investment happening in Stockport? If your answer is ‘yes’, Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council is the place for you. From the moment you join us, we will support your personal and professional development. We have a role for a Team Manager to lead our Programme & Project Management team to assist us in providing essential structure within the Highways & Transportation Service.
Projects that we take on are wide ranging with unique challenges which will enable you to develop diverse project management skills. The role will support the service across all stages of our projects from concept, feasibility, design, construction and maintenance. You will be working with; Developers, Designers, Contractors, Councillors and other Key Stakeholders to deliver projects in a commercial and customer focused way which achieves programmes, meets performance targets and meets the Councils Corporate Objectives.
We are looking for the following skills, and attributes:
• Experience of leading a multi-disciplinary team on a wide range of projects in town center and residential environments.
• Experience in a senior leadership position upholding the programme’s values and creating positive working relationships.
• Experience of planning and managing an integrated team and work programmes.
• Strong management, negotiating, analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex data, both text and numerical, whilst working to tight deadlines and operational targets.
• Commercial awareness and knowledge of the NEC suite of contracts using various payment mechanisms.
• Financial acumen, including managing budgets.
• Good communication skills and the ability to engage with a diverse range of stakeholders including political, professional and public audiences using a variety of forms of communication.
• Ability to identify opportunities for coaching and mentoring your team and others.
Job Description and Person Specification
Stockport Council – Valuing Diversity
To apply for this job please visit www.grassroots-recruitment.online.