Finance Manager Vacancy – Part-Time (3 days a week).
Stockport Credit Union is a saving and loans co-operative, regulated by the Bank of England and the Financial Conduct Authority. We provide essential savings and lending services within the Stockport borough.
We help people access better rates of finance, move away from payday lenders and loan sharks, and encourage financial literacy and improve their financial management.
We are a member-owned, values-driven business. We are in the middle of an exciting period of transformational change and have ambitious plans to develop, modernise and grow our business. We recently appointed a new Chief Executive and a Business Development Manager and have refreshed our Board.
This is a brand-new role and is an opportunity to join an ambitious and socially important organisation at a pivotal point in its development.
As part of our expansion plans, we are now looking to strengthen our management team through the appointment of a Finance Manager.
The post-holder will manage the finance, banking, payroll, credit control, and IT functions of the Credit Union. The role will report directly to the CEO and will involve deputising for the CEO at appropriate times (along with the Operations Manager). The role currently carries one direct report and will also assist the other managers within the team with oversight of the operational team where needed.
Key Activities & Responsibilities
1. To be responsible to the CEO and Board for the financial management of the credit union, including treasury and budget management.
2. To be responsible to the CEO and Board for the management of the credit policy and collections processes to reduce arrears and write-offs, including managing our relationship with a third-party debt collection agency.
3. To work closely with the Treasurer, who is a volunteer Director and member of the Board
4. To ensure correct accounting practices are followed across the credit union.
5. To ensure the accounts comply with the appropriate accounting standards (FRS 102), and with FCA, PRA and other credit union regulations and co-operative law.
6. To advise the CEO and Board on financial, accounting and treasury management policies.
7. To ensure all financial processes are fully documented on an ongoing basis, to liaise with internal auditors to ensure they are followed, and to draw to the attention of the CEO and Board any issues of concern.
8. To be responsible for financial and other key performance reports each month for the management team and Board.
9. To assist with three-year strategic business planning by modelling financial and member data.
10. To conduct stress testing and advise on financial risk management policies
11. To draw up and monitor the annual budget in consultation with the CEO and Board
12. To be responsible for the preparation of all financial returns to the FCA, PRA, and other regulatory authorities
13. To manage provisioning and write-off policies and accounting.
14. To be responsible for payments to staff, including pensions and other deductions.
15. To ensure timely and accurate bank reconciliations and treasury management.
16. To contribute to the functioning of the credit union management team.
17. To attend Board meetings as required.
18. To work with the Credit Union management team on systems development, leading on accounting and financial and arrears reporting implications.
19. To undertakes special projects as directed by the CEO.
20. To work effectively with others in order to make a positive contribution to the work of the credit union.
21. To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required consistent with the role.
The credit union is committed to achieving equality of opportunities both as am employer and service provider. The role holder is expected to understand and promote this and all other policies of the organisation.
Experience and Skills that You will Need
• At least three years of experience in a similar role.
• Relevant qualifications
• Experience of working with external and internal auditors.
• Experience of providing high-level financial reporting.
• Experience of operational improvements and systems development
• Experience of working with public, banking, voluntary or finance sector accounts.
• Strong IT literacy with ability to use MS Office confidently.
• Ability to understand, develop and implement banking & financial systems.
• An understanding of how the collections process impacts on the financial sustainability of an organisation.
• An understanding of GDPR regulations and the impact on Financial Services
• Self- motivated and flexible approach
• Able to work as a member of a team.
• Commitment to driving up standards to meet targets and to improve customer service.
• Must be highly organised and able to work confidently and independently with members and with other departments
• Must be able to process information with a high level of detail and care; analyse member accounts, define what constitutes sensitive data
• Able to deal with team members to train and support using the appropriate style
• Good communication skills at all levels, both verbal and written with all staff and members volunteers and directors, ensuring information and decision making is clear and transparent
• Experience of working with credit union accounts
• Experience of data analytics using e.g. Tableau or MS Power BI
Employment Package Details
This role is part-time (60%), Permanent
Salary Range: £25k to £30k FTE.
• Work from home opportunities
• Flexible working hours
• Smart Casual dress
• Company pension
• 25 days per annum annual leave (FTE) plus statutory bank holidays
To find out more or for an informal discussion, email our Chief Executive Jonathan Moore at email@example.com
To apply, please go to our website (www.stockportcu.com) and upload your CV and a covering letter of no more than 2 sides of A4 which sets out how you fit the job description and why you are right for the role.
Closing Date for Applications: 5 pm on Friday 7th August 2020
To apply for this job please visit www.grassroots-recruitment.online.