REaCH (Reablement and Community Home Support Service) Team
Adult Social Care Home Support Worker
Salary: £20344 – £22021 (pro- rata for 35 hours)
Scale 4 plus 2 increments for weekend and shift working
Working on an early and late shift pattern between 7am – 10pm over 7 days (including Bank Holidays)
What does REaCH do:
The Reablement Teams provide short term home care support to people in their own homes working in a person centered, holistic way to support people to regain their independence with daily living skills or to provide an assessment for longer term care needs. The REaCH team works alongside our health colleagues supporting Rapid Response Hospital Discharges and taking referrals from neighbourhood Adult Social Care teams.
In the job you will be expected:
- To make sure that service users receive a quality service by developing person-centered plans and following these so personal needs (including personal care) are met.
- To use the support of Managers and Lead workers as required and be part of a multi-disciplinary team of Home Support Workers.
- To work on your own and as part of a team to make sure we deliver an excellent service
What we are looking for:
To be successful you will need:
- To have good communication skills – talking and writing.
- To be able to write clearly and accurately in service users daily records and to share this information with your colleagues about the service users you are supporting
- To give medication to service users if required and make sure this is given and recorded accurately
- To be able to provide all types of care to service users and make sure they are comfortable and feel respected
- Be willing to complete training that is offered and work towards nationally recognised qualifications in health and social care.
- Have a reliable vehicle with business insurance
Job Description and Person Specification
Stockport Council – Valuing Diversity
To apply for this job please visit www.grassroots-recruitment.online.