We are looking to recruit a Senior Infrastructure Engineer with a Linux based skill set to join the Infrastructure team that supports our Hybrid cloud platform. This platform consists of on-premise VMware and Netapp and extends into AWS to give our customers a choice of workload placement.
Your role is to help support the continued growth of the business aligned with our business goals and objectives. Your main responsibilities will be a combination between daily Infrastructure BAU and a wide range of automation challenges that are on the horizon that you will help implement to enhance our customers experience.
Utilising your current Linux skill set we will cross train you into automation (terraform, ansible etc) and any experience of these or similar technologies is welcomed.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in an IT infrastructure role and working at a managed service provider would be an advantage.
- Responding to incidents fed through to the infrastructure team
- Server provisioning process for both Physical, Virtual and Cloud systems
- Regular patching – OS and hardware components
- Implementation of designed architectures as IAC
- Implementing suitable backup strategies based on business requirements.
- Building POC using rapid deployment techniques
- Participating in an out of hours support rota
- Liaising with customers at a technical level
Essential Skill Set Required:
- Excellent Linux skills
- Excellent scripting skills (any of bash, Python, Powershell etc)
- Standard TCP/IP protocols such as HTTP/FTP/SSH/DNS/TFTP
- Understanding of Load balancing, switching, routing, security
- GitLab or similar code repositories
- Technical documentation
- A focus on infrastructure availability and redundancy
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- VMware and virtualisation
- Exposure to security probes and concepts of environments hardening
- Certified Linux Sysadmin or Certified Linux Engineer or similar
- AWS experience (Especially around VPC, Direct connect, EC2, EBS, RDS etc)
- Any experience of automation including Ansible, Packer, GitLab CI/CD
- Experience of Kubernetes, EKS, Helm
- Travel between sites in the UK may be required with occasional overseas travel to Group Headquarters (Germany.)
- Hold a UK driving license.
Application Response Policy
To apply, please submit your CV by clicking on the relevant links. If successful you will be contacted by one of our consultants within 3 working days. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we expect to receive, if you do not hear from us within this time you should presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Recruitment & Diversity Statement
Grassroots Recruitment is acting as a recruitment agency and a recruitment business in respect of this vacancy. Grassroots Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and recruiter. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion or disability.
To apply for this job please visit www.grassroots-recruitment.online.